What is Moodle
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide for educators, administrators and learners, a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalized learning environments. Similarly to WordPress, Moodle acts as a CMS thus allows the creation of a web environment without having prior programming knowledge. Since its creation in 2002, the Moodle CMS has established itself as the first choice for many, on account of its large community and educational design. In addition, over 60% of universities worldwide use it.
Who can use Moodle
Moodle can be used in every area where learning is needed.
- For schools, colleges and high schools. Whether for distance learning, in traditional classrooms or at home, Moodle provides tools and environments that adjust to these different situations. It helps learners to work smarter as well as it allows the teacher to better follow the progress of his students.
- For higher education. For many universities, Moodle is a rooted tool in their culture. It makes setting up online exams very easy and is ideal for sharing resources.
- For companies. Learning also continues in business. Moodle integrates very well with the information system of companies. Moreover, it improves learning by giving it a more collaborative and fun approach. Furthermore, its statistics module allows monitoring the progress of learners.
Why use the Moodle CMS
Moodle has been able to establish itself as a first learning platform ahead of its competitors through its multiple qualities.
- An open source solution. Because of this feature, purchasing and installing the Moodle CMS on its web hosting platform is very cost-free. Therefore, you can modify or distribute it as you wish without any legal risk. Only support and additional services are paid, the software is completely free.
- A tool trusted around the world. Many organizations and institutions use Moodle in their growth and recommend it. As companies, we can mention the giants Microsoft and Shell, for instance.
- Designed for teaching and learning. It offers many learner-centered tools and collaborative learning environments that support both teaching and learning.
- It is ultra customizable. Its modular architecture allows developers to add external applications and create extensions that suit specific needs.
- Moodle is available in several languages. Its 3.3 version has been translated into 126 languages.